Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Arrogant Worms

i think i'm obsessed with this canadian comedy band. been staking out their website and reading all about them (they have 10 successful albums already! and they blog too!). their lyrics are brilliantly simple and funny, and their songs just make you wanna sing out loud in chorus. haha.

I am cow, hear me moo
I weigh twice as much as you
And I look good on the barbecue
Yogurt, curd, cream cheese and butter’s
Made from liquid from my udders
I am cow, I am cow, hear me moo (moo)

I am cow, eating grass
Methane gas comes out my ass
And out my muzzle when I belch
Oh, the ozone layer is thinner
From the outcome of my dinner
I am cow, I am cow, I’ve got gas

I am cow, here I stand
Far and wide upon this land
And I am living everywhere
From b.c. to newfoundland
You can squeeze my teats by hand
I am cow, I am cow, I am cow
I am cow, I am cow, I am cow!


- I am cow!!!

those who want a sample of their songs feel free to icq me. you won't regret this! and i've added their links to my page too.

okie enough about them.

i've got an ens presentation on friday and i'm already getting the jitters. the funny thing about me is that contrary to what most of you think (if you people even bother anyway), i actually suck at making presentations, especially when school work's related. yup, it's true. i deliver just about the worst presentations anyone can think of. even william hung's better. my palms would start to moist, my mind plummets into a blank abyss, and my mouth clams up like an oyster. why? erm...um...ah...erm...uh...dunno. still trying to figure that one out. some might have heard of those saleman-rumours still circulating hall that i've actually sold ice cubes to eskimos before, BUT throw me in front of a classroom with a prof looking on and i'll show you an award-winning performance of sam the clam and his amazing closing act!

how bad am i? well the last presentation i ever made in ntu was back in my 2nd year for a comm skills assignment (i got a shitty c for that). it was a nightmare. 5 minutes never felt that long before. i was looking so nervously at my handnotes so often that my tutor had to prompt me to look at the class when i spoke. boo hoo. while i pointed at the tranparency, my hand was trembling so bad no one could tell what i was really pointing at, and it didn't help that the projector magnified my trembling by a bajillion times on the screen. boo hoo. so much for confidence. i think that class of mpe students never looked at me the same way again. so much for my 5 minutes of fame. at least i didn't pee in my pants.

i've managed to siam/avoid every other presentation opportunity eversince (maybe the rumours about me spread real fast), till this semester for my ens module, where everyone's gotta do a presentation at least once. least i'm only doing it once. argh. engineering students shouldn't be made to make presentations. i can't explain why, but they shouldn't. presentations should be restricted to business students, cs students, william hung wannabes and household plants. people like us have got alot more important things to think and take care of than to speak to a crowded room of idiots who're just glad they're not that idiot speaking up in front. okie. i'm in denial. argh.

c'mon, we're all really lousy at something right?

meanwhile i've just finished meeting with my beloved presentation groupmates who have chucked me the honour of delivering the conclusion to our whole project despite my vehement protests -

me:what?!you want ME to end it on an inspiring note?! i can't.
them:wah lao your engrand so powderful
me:really i can't. you don't know me. i know i can't.
them:*together* dun bruff lah, so powderful still want to siam right...
me:no no! i really really can't do this
them:wah lao eh we prepare the slides for u lor, dun humji lah sure okie wan
me:....
them:steady pom pee pee lah
me:....
them:cmon lah ho say lah, we all count on you leh
me:....
me:fine i give up, friday cock up don't blame me
them:wun wan lah, you shurly zhai wan, shurly
me:....

and so friday is d-day. haiz.

okie its time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment