Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Girl Scouts Camp

hmm.

its different.

girl scouts camp is only 4 days long, programs are approximately the same. but things are so different without the rest of the staff that are gone. rowdie campfire is different, program areas are different and the people i hang out with are different.

been hanging out with what's left of the staff. they're mainly the admin people, so on the bright side i'm getting to know them better. the girl scouts are pretty nice people too, most of the girls are between 9 to 16 and they're qutie disciplines and enthusiastic to have fun. was doing swimming activities with them all of yesterday and then doing archery all of today. tomorrow going rafting again! yay.

i taught the girl scouts the japanese frog song that i learnt as a scout, surprised they haven't heard of it. the gaku gaeku piong song? anyone? anyway they super duper loved it and now they keep calling me 'piong', and ask me to sing it to them wherever we go. geez. still its nice to be popular amongst the girl scouts.

had my end-of-summer evaluation with mike, his assessment of me, to least to say, was damn bloody impressive. i can't remember alot of bits but its so flattering that i'll show it to anyone who wants a read if i ever get my hands on it(which i intend to). i've also been recommended to be re-hired again next summer either as a cabin counsellor, challenger counsellor or trip staff. haiz.

diah cooked me dinner today! indonesian beef with fragrant thai rice(where in the world did she get that?!) it was fantastically delicious and it made me miss singaporean food even more! the oft-mentioned missing-of-singaporean-food-while-abroad may be a cliche but its really overwhelmingly true to the core. words can't describe my yearn for a good plate of char kuay teow or hainanese chicken rice right now.

to the best of my knowledge, there's an article of my travels in america in ntu's only publication worth reading, the nanyang chronicle! rumour has it that there's a really cute picture of me there. thanks beth!

not only do my farts smell bad anymore. my feet are getting smellier and smellier by the day. and to think i change my socks more than the average american. argh.

i've got too much things to carry. eeks. i got new stuff that i got this summer...my crazy creek, thermorest, and this new one-man tent which i kupped from the lost and found, a pair of hiking boots, rock-climbing shoes, a whole milk crate of magazines, one very valuable issue of playboy(i don't intend to bring that back though), alot of hemp, two cutesy stuffed toys(they are REALLY cute) among other things.

dunno how i'm shipping everything back.

No comments:

Post a Comment