Maybe a once every 2-3 months event now.
This time when I played (last Saturday) where I really tried to run as much as I could, coupled with being on a consecutive winning team, here are new findings.
Out of breath really quickly.
By game two, I needed to play goalkeeper after five mins burst.
I played goalkeeper a lot.
I couldn’t run after game four. I had to walk to track back.
Still able to do short bursts but at a cost.
The cost was out of breath and at one point I even felt faint on the pitch.
Scored at least three goals. I still have it in me.
One was a screamer from the far right past the halfway line.
One was a header that hit the bar and ricocheted back to me to tap home.
Knee swelled next two days.
Couldn’t walk much without right knee pain for three days.
Lower back ache for two days.
Good type of heart pain for one day. Like blood vessels got stretched.
Gout three days later.
Anyway, these are just observations of what it’s like to play futsal at 47.
No comments:
Post a Comment