Tuesday, July 21, 2026

A Weird Birthday

 I had big plans to go into JB to celebrate my birthday alone for the day.

Then last night after work, my wife’s leg which had three supposedly innocent mosquito bites, started to swell to a point where we felt it might be good she went to the hospital.

What felt like a small issue, ended with us at CGH till 2am waiting and waiting to be diagnosed. And when she finally was, she had to stay the night even. 

Anyway long story short I had to cancel all my birthday plans in order to hang around and be on standby for her. I ended up having some short quality alone time in the afternoon so I went to take a look at the three new MRT stations that completed the Circle Line.

In the evening after my wife had her homecare treatment, we went for a simple Korean BBQ dinner.

Upon reflection, it might have been for the best that today went about like it did, as it should.

And that was it.

My weird 47th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment