Sunday, January 14, 2024

Resolutions 2024

 So here we are again.

This year’s version is a little later than I wanted, because I am lazy.

The year ahead is shaping up to be a very volatile year. What with all the lay offs we are hearing in the finance and tech sectors. Many people in Singapore are affected and Q4 2023 appears to be only the beginning of what is shaping up to be a tough year.

Will I get laid off? 

Better start saving harder than I’d normally would.

My daughter is having her PSLE this year, hopefully she does really well.

My son is streaming to upper sec this year, hopefully he does really well too.

Wifey will have a significant milestone this year as well, if everything goes to her plan.

Travel is limited this year for family which is quite the downer for me tbh. It is also limited for work due to my new role. Personally have a trip or two with friends but nothing firmed up yet. Hopefully we have an epic year end one like we did last year.

Need to find some 突破 which can significantly elevate my finances.

Will I find that this year?

Will I have a mega large purchase this year?

Ok back to resolutions, here’s last year’s recap.

Anyways, in no particular order, here are my resolutions for 2024.

1) Pick Up A New Skill

Last year learning and falling (pun intended) in love with snowboarding was personally very fulfilling. I hope to learn something else new this year. Anything significant on a personal level will be greatly appreciated.

2) Exercise At Least An Hour, Twice A Week

Every year an exercise resolution comes into play and this year is no different. I really feel older and my body is weakening. So exercising is the right way to preserve all that I’ve got physically.

3) Go Somewhere New

A new country? A new city? A significant new place? I’d love to travel somewhere that I’ve never been to before, soak in the vibes of the new place and enjoy the moment.

4) Increase My Investing Portfolio Significantly

This is specific and something I will aim hard for. Be it saving more, investing smarter or earning more, this is one goal I want to be gunning for. 2023 was a shit year for me in this aspect, so I need to make up for lost time. And money.

5) Lose 3kg (currently 85kg)

This is another health goal. It is about exercising regularly, sleeping well and most importantly, eating properly. Enough of the sugars and carbs, I will need to keep all that under control. I don’t want to lose too much weight, and don’t want to gain much either.

There you go, and with that, the 2024 season is now in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment