Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Resolutions 2019

And so, a new year has begun. Just like that.

Unlike 2018, I don't look at 2019 with so much excitement. I am a little scared to be honest. My Fengshui for the year is supposedly bad. Bad health. Bad accidents. Bad luck. It does not help that there are tons headwinds ahead, in the world financial markets, effects of global warming, political situations around the world, and even at home where things can get tense. Hopefully none of the bad forecasts turn true and hopefully things will turn out fine and well for me and all my loved ones.

I will try to steer myself to have as good a year as any other.

With that, it is the standard format of firstly, my 2018 resolutions review.

Secondly, my 2019 resolutions.

Again, I will try to adhere to my management learned technique of setting myself SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Ambitious, Realistic, Time-factored goals.

Here they are in no specific order.

1) Earn >SGD10K On My Saxo Investment Account
This was achieved and even exceeded in 2018, and so, without pressuring myself to take too much risks (which I felt I did), I will try to do the same and with more safety nets in place. This requires me to learn to be more disciplined as I cannot afford to suffer any berserker rages (wanna know how bad it used to be? Read here) anymore.

2) Exercise At Least 3 Times A Week
This is one of my failed rollover resolutions from last year. At least I have managed a rather stable twice per week. Increasing to thrice is still tough but definitely not impossible. I have also signed up for the Sundown half marathon in June and hopefully I'll do the Standard Chartered half marathon again in December. This is really for my own health and fitness.

3) Achieve Passive Income Of At Least $500/mth
Time to up the ante! 2018 being the first year I've hit a solid amount in passive income, I want to stretch that by even more in 2019. This higher target is definitely not impossible, and with a bit of luck, astute investment decisions and hopeful cash injections, I should be able to attain this goal and maybe even surpass it.

4) Have A Thoroughly Enjoyable And Memorable 40th Birthday Year
It is my 40th birthday in 2019 and I have decided to throw caution to the wind and have as much fun as I possibly can. I have several birthday trips lined up with good friends. I want to be happy with my own life. Happier than I am now. And I want to do it with the people and friends I love. Life hasn't been all that easy for me and I don't want to be a sap about the way things have turned out to be. Let 2019 be a year of love, celebration and happiness. Probably the hardest resolution to measure, but let's see what my verdict is come year end.

5) Eat Less Sugar, Drink Less Alcohol
Time to work towards a healthier lifestyle and healthier diet! This means less sweet drinks. This means less carbohydrate intake. This means less beer. And to put things in a tangible format, here's what I aim to do.
- Not more than one sweet can drink at work per day
- Not more than one after-work drinking session per week
- No more adding one full bowl of rice during meals

Hopefully I can score a perfect 5/5 come year end!!!

HUAT AH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment