Monday, January 01, 2018

Resolutions 2018

So 2017 has been such a fantastic year, I need to plan my resolutions for 2018 so that I steer myself to have an equal or even better year.

See here for 2017 review.

Again, I will try to adhere to my management learned technique of setting myself SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Ambitious, Realistic, Time-factored goals.

Here they are in no specific order.

1) Achieve >20% Return On A Key Investment Account
This is a recycled resolution from last year which I failed to achieve. This time around, I will define a Key Investment Account. They are any of my investment accounts which house any of my savings for investing. This means speculative accounts are not considered. My Saxo account has a performance tracker so that makes things easy to track.

2) Score At Least One Big Positive Life Achievement In 2018
2017 looks hard to beat, but I'll keep things simple and achievable by aiming for just one. It could be the year end Standard Chartered Marathon, it could be something to do with the new home, or it could be something to do with the kids too.

3) Exercise 3 Times A Week
This has been a fixture in my resolutions since forever. I am closer to achieving this on a regular basis than ever before. Hopefully this can continue in 2018.

4) Achieve Passive Income Of At Least $200/mth
Again, trying to keep things realistic. Considering that almost all my funds have been poured into the new house and renovation and furniture, this should be attainable. $200 per month means $2,400 in dividends for the year (I have no other passive income sources anymore). IF I can find something that yields me 5% PA, then we are looking at an investable AUM of $48,000. Hopefully I'll have at least that by year's end. I will try to blog on my passive income regularly on my other blog.

5) Spend More Time With Kids and Family
This is rather difficult to measure, but it would be great if I could devote more time to what is really close to me. At this stage, I feel like this is very achievable.

Hopefully I can score a perfect 5/5 come year end!!!

HUAT AH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment