Friday, December 11, 2015

Reservist

I like being called up for reservist.

I count myself very lucky to have been drafted into a team and department that has had the continuity to last the entire duration of my NS reservist period. It is something I appreciate alot.

You hear multiple horror stories of being recalled to crap units or crap roles and it is true that many get stuck in such a rut.

I've managed to see the department grow from a small insignificant part of the brigade with so little manpower to what we have now, a standalone department that is making such significant contributions with friends from so many different professions.

Coming back it always feels like coming back to meet old friends to fight another paper war together. So much comraderie and friendship. And when I fill up the NS survey forms asking me whether I am confident of going into war if ever, I think of the band of brothers in with and give a resounding yes.

I am lucky indeed.

There is much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment