Sunday, March 21, 2010

Remembrance

Had finished an earlier blog awhile ago. Then stumbled on my blog history. I realise that I've been actively blogging for 6+ years already, since 2004. What a long time its been. Reading my life as things panned out coupled with my thoughts left me feeling very nostalgic. I used to blog so much more often and my writings were so much more detailed and specific. I think these days I write with alot of blandness and factual spew. I have to change that, because writing about feelings make my blog entries more emotional and attuned to the actual state of myself during the time of writing.

I think thats why alot of us blog. Not for fame and publiity, not for money. But to help us remember. Those of you who know me know how forgetful I am. And blogging helps me remember. One day, I'll probably really suffer from amnesia and will never remember things as often as I would like to. And this blog will come in handy.

In this day and age of Facebook, Myspace and Twitter, a blog offers something that none of them do, achiving the details (more than 140 words) of our sentiments thoughts and emotions in a structured, readable format that can be readily accessed anytime.

One day we will see collations of blog entries published into books. And one day maybe my life will make it to print too :P

Go start a blog today (and gimme your blog addy :) hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment