Thursday, August 02, 2007

Complexity

These days, there are things that happen so disgustingly fast that you don't know what to make of them anymore. Friends are lost, colleagues are lost, new ones are found and everything turns with the blink of an eye.

I have always recognised that I'm working in an industry that lives and die by the second. And the old adage that time waits for no man holds its most ruthless truth within the realms of this industry. Within a split-second, rewards are gained and lost, in a matter of instants, people around you change. That is the sad reality that I'm in. I have to constantly adapt, I have to constantly change to match the settings of my environment.

Is this what I really want? I don't know. But probably the large draw is the money. Maybe thats why it pays so well to survive here.

I may be the best salesman today, but I'll be fired tomorrow. My boss may share a beer, private stories and an unfunny joke today, but tomorrow he'll totally ignore me as I clear my table. We work, play and live everyday like it were our last in the company.

Come carpe diem baby!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment