Monday, August 20, 2007

Can You Keep A Secret?

Haiz.

I'm a sap.

And I think too much perhaps.

Watched Jay Chou's directorial debut last night (because the girlfriend dragged me to it) and as much as I really hate to admit it, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It had two really hot babes, killer piano rifts and a super twist at the end that would've blown me away had I not have read Aly's blog.

Still it was twisty enough to impress.



It is similar to the Korean love story Il Mare or the lousier Americanized version, The Lakehouse, and conceptually like The Butterfly Effect or 6th Sense. Not the same, but in the same category. So if you liked them, then you should watch this.

Just some notes even though I think I've just about solved everything:

*warning* SUPER SPOILERS - highlight to read.

Had 小雨's mom gone mad? Else how can we explain both times when first she says 小雨 was sick and the other time when she said she was in the room (but wasn't)?

Why is it that Jay can appear in the photo in the last scene? Isn't he not supposed to be seen by anyone but 小雨?

Why is it that Jay can go back to the time when 小雨 was still alive? Isn't she dead by the time he goes back to 1979?

小雨 isn't really dead lah is she? The one who's dead is really Jay Papa who suffers a heart attack while running back to school at the last part.

Why is SKY so damn hot?

Ok lah so the main female lead was quite good too. She has this really cute, plain jane but vulnerable thing about her too lah. Sheesh.

Ok ok, so I haven't quite solved it all. But go watch it lah, and bring the bf/gf along with some Kleenex.

I will gladly discuss any logical hypotheses for my above notes with anyone who've watched the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment