Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dim Sum Dollies & Chek Jawa

Its another weekend. So fast.

Watched the Dim Sum Dollies last night at the Esplanade. Was really funny. Classic Selena Tan and gang. Too bad we could only get the lousy balcony seats at the highest level (level 4 !) where we had to peer down from above as though we sneaked into the theatre lidat. Haiz.

Bought the soundtrack too. Its really funny. Anyone who wants to borrow it can do so at a cheap rental price of $10/day. Cheap! Just SMS me.
______________________________________________________

Went to Chek Jawa with the girlfriend last weekend. It was an impromptu decision all because the place was featured in the Sunday Times. With just a quick snap we were already at Changi Village. So we took a bumboat ride to Pulau Ubin which cost us $2, and then grabbed a free map at the information kiosk and starting walking there.

Not surprisingly we got abit of the trails wrong and walked a longer than usual way (I think we trekked for 2 hours) before reaching Chek Jawa.

It has already been renovated, so there're ample (cuz it wasn't too crowded) shelters and resting stops along the way. The boardwalk is very well built and the watchtower gave you an aerial view of the mainland coast.



What sucked was that IT WAS HIGH TIDE. During high tide there's like hardly anything to see. It was also about to rain. So lagi less animals/birds/dumb creatures to be seen.


So basically we just look see-ed around and took a few pictures but saw no low tide nature-lovers delights. We climbed to the second highest floor of the watchtower, giving the top unsheltered level a miss for fear of being struck by lightning. Haha.

Please go in the morning to catch the low tide by noon if any of you have any intention to visit after reading my raving review of the place.

That was about it. The big highlight of the trip was Changi Village Nasi Lemak!!!!! Choot choot!!!
______________________________________________________

Been quite stressed at work whole of this month. Unexpected things have happened and I can actually aim for something I never thought possible for myself. And I WANT to do it! But how? If anyone is keen to help please drop me a message.

Did I mention that I was finally promoted and given a little raise? Hooray!
______________________________________________________

Went back to Blangah Rise Primary School to give a motivational talk to the graduating class of 2007 last week.

It was my first time doing such a motivational talk and I wasn't sure what to expect. But luckily things turned out really okay and the teachers thought it was an inspirational job! Haha. I spoke past the half hour time slot and stretch it to almost an hour.

The primary 6 classes look very promising and I hope I made a difference in their lives!______________________________________________________

KRABI NEXT WED!!!!

Whoot!!!

Will be back with a nice picture or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment