Sunday, June 03, 2007

HDBs @ Sengkang

I must say that with the local property market spiralling out of control, we've been relegated to searching even further away from the East.

Enter Sengkang, which IMHO is gonna be the next Bishan (c'mon, give it 5 more years). Anyway, we were there looking at flats near the NEL this whole friggin' hot afternoon. All of them were of walking distance to central, and in fact two of them actually caught my eye and I'm almost ready to move to Sengkang liaoz.

So much so that the girlfriend and I familiarized ourselves with Compass Point and even walked to the shprtlisted flats for sale just to see if they were really that much of a chore. And you know what? Things were pretty alright.

I must say Sengkang is almost like a nice little enclave hidden from the bustle and spiral of the rest of the crazy foreign/local property speculators/buyers trying to get into a piece of our little island. In fact, people seem to be MOVING OUT! For only one reason: U-P-G-R-A-D-I-N-G.

Darn, everyone must be getting rich but me.

So I've gotta say, that even though this little gem of a heartland is not my first choice to live in, its fought itself against numourous odds to lie nicely in second place.

Cable and an XBox 360 console will be on top of my shopping list when I move into my new home!

Watch this space.
_______________________________________________________

The Cleveland Cavaliers just made the NBA Finals. That's just crazy.

I was in Cleveland when Lebron just got drafted by the Cavaliers and I sure didn't remember much buzz. But look at him now, King James. Just amazing.
_______________________________________________________

Did anyone mention that I was at Dragonfly @ St James three nights last week? Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Some people are already thinking that I work there.

Time to give my liver a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment