Sunday, June 17, 2007

First Field Soccer Game of 2007

Helped make up the numbers in a friend's company's friendly game at Tanglin Secondary School.

Unfortunately the game lasted only one half when we were chased out of the premises due to the bad weather and an absent referee.

I think I almost collapsed or at least my lungs almost did even though I didn't think I ran very much. Haiz, stupid big field. It didn't help at all when the people we were up against were a bunch of army/uni kids who were much much fitter (think I was one of the youngest for my team) than our old team of geezers.

Nonetheless we were only trailing 0-1 before we stopped.

I ended the game with a grazed (ouch) knee and a bruised fist courtesy of someone's boot landing on my hand when I slipped over the slippery grass surface.

The only good part was that some of the geezers thought I was really good and sibeh piah (you're kidding right?), so they've invited me to join them in the next available friendly.

I gotta do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment