Tuesday, October 04, 2016

A Car Accident

Was just on my way out of office when I received the call from the wifey. My dearest 小红 just had her bum kissed by a taxi!

Ultimate xianzness.

Rushed over and made sure the kids were ok. Wifey had a bit of whiplash. The damage didn't look so severe, but the back bumper is slightly dislocated and the boot cannot be closed.

The wifey had stopped at a traffic light and the taxi that was waiting behind probably accidentally stepped on the accelerator thinking the light had turned green, and immediately rammed into 小红's behind.

Luckily we also had the car-cam which captured everything. Hopefully my NCD won't take a hit since this is obviously of no fault of ours.

Unfortunately the car workshops are all closed and we were advised to wait till tomorrow morning to go to the nearest workshop and make an accident report and claim.

Thankful that I'm not overseas and I could rush down once it happened.

Thankful that the minute wifey called I was able to pick up and help calm her down.

Thankful none of them were injured in any way (aside from some whiplash) although a little frightened.

Thankful that poor wifey had to face it all alone with the kids and yet did everything (I've previously nagged at her in case of accident) right. 

Thankful I rejected the temptation to have late night drinks with colleagues.

Thankful I rejected that dinner at Kinki with those bigwigs in town tonight.

Thankful that the whole family is safe and sound at home right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment