Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sebana Cove

Just back from our golf trip at Sebana Cove, Desaru, Malaysia.

It was way fun!!!

We met at 7am this morning at Tanah Merah ferry terminal to take the ferry ride there. Originally there was gonna be 8 of us, but Jackson pulled out at the last minute due to high fever. To make matters worse, Wilbur forgot to bring his passport?! Who ever forgets his passport when travelling overseas???! Anyway he had to go home to take it (he lived in the west) and therefore could only come on the next ferry ride which was in the afternoon.

So it was Youlong, Edmund, Eugene, Fadz, Marcus and myself starting it out.

The ferry ride was about an hour and a half. Lousy ferry, it was the Pulau Tekong BMT kind with no canteen or snack bar small small type. Bleah.

When we reached we were driven to the resort called Sebana Cove in Desaru. After a quick and expensive breakfast, we started our game.

I can't really describe the full game at length as not to bore non-golf readers (and because I'm not too sure myself), but we have to play 18 holes in total, and see what kind of score we had.

I must say that as an anti-golfer once, it was more fun that I thought. The greens and holes were tough and there required not only good hitting skills, but you also needed to plan your advance to get to the hole with as little strokes.

Youlong, Edmund and myself were grouped in one flight (its a group game) so we competed against one another.

Anyway *yawn*, I carded a score of 77. For the first 9 holes! Haha. But as the day wore on and got so much hotter, I improved and got used to the conditions and eventually carded a 69 for the last 9 holes, giving me a total score of 146, not counting double-pars (if you wanna know what that means, email me.)

That ranks me as amongst the worse scorers, but hey, its my virgin golf game, mind you. I ain't no Tiger Woods.

I also ended up losing 8 balls, because I hit them in the forest or water or mysteriously disappeared.

And I CANNOT hit anything that lands in the bunker/sand wedge.

Finally we reached back TMFT at 6 plus after a good bath.

Went for a crazy fattening hawker dinner at Changi Village.

Then trooped to the opposite kopitiam to watch Manchester United play Everton.
_____________________________________________________________

Manchester United came from 0-2 down to win 4-2!!! Chelsea went from 2-1 up to draw 2-2 against Bolton!!!

We are 5 points clear!!!

Screamed my throat hoarse at Changi Village.

We are so gonna win the Premiership.

No comments:

Post a Comment