Friday, September 15, 2006

My Final Days Here

Monday's my last day.

Can't help but feel a tinge of sadness all week long. Haven't been able to sleep too well, bad dreams, though I can't remember what they're about. But I assume its cuz I'm leaving.

Here and there will feel nostalgic about my days here. Even though I haven't been here for too long(approx. 1 year and 2 months) but I've had alot of fond memories here. The last few weeks somehow whenever we go for our dinners we'd be talking about the 'good ol'days' - albeit only about days gone several months back. Its also partly because alot of policies are changing, alot of new things we're just getting used to with the management's change of direction. So everyone's in a nostalgic mood. Which makes me sad sometimes cuz I also want to be a part of their current transition.

When I first came in it was Robert's first month as branch manager. Maybe thats why he's got a softspot for me, me being his first 'student'. There was only Steven and Simon. Then came Led, then Evelyn, then Ah Huat, then Sam, now Paul. So many people now when back then at our lowest headcount we had like Steven and I running for hte month of November while Simon was on leave. Or Simon, Led and myself cheonging for the month of February. It was tough then, but those are what memories were made of.

There're still alot of things to do, alot of rubbish to clear around the branch, alot of personal items to giveaway before Monday. There's gonna be a branch farewell tonight, and then a PB gathering on Monday too. So touched.

More updates while I waste away in Shenton Way.
_______________________________________________________________________

On an absolutely separate note, I'm glad Man U got off to a good start by beating Celtic 3-2 at Old Trafford on Tuesday. Good start, good ending. Hopefully this season they'll win something more than the League Cup.

Go Man Yoo!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment