Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Last Day


My mates at Tanjong Pagar Posted by Picasa

Yesterday was my last day.

I went to work at around 11am, cleaned out most of my rubbish in Tanjong Pagar and Shenton Way, then went to Plaza Main for my clearance and exit interview around 3pm.

At the exit interview, I was asked the expected questions like why I wanted to leave and how I think things can be improved. I raised a few good points(IMHO!), namely,

A) Overall remuneration for personal bankers was not as competitive as most foreign banks,

B) There was no use having the best commission structure but the worst fines or penalties for breach of even the smallest compliance issues.

C) The company's Branch managers were probably the most overworked and most underpaid in the finance industry. Period.

I thought the feedback I gave were really constructive and even the HR lady also said they were strongly validated by my arguements. Well, hopefully I've left on a good note and have helped aided in making the company a better employer.

After all that I went back to Tanjong Pagar for dinner with the rest at our regular kopitiam and attend a training session for our latest fund. Infrastruture? Geez. Anyway, I just went through the training with the rest and even asked a couple of challenging questions here and there as if I was really gonna sell it to my customers. Haha.

Boss was real nice to have allowed them to skip teleconsulting on a Monday night just to come out and celebrate with me. Too bad he couldn't make it.

We ended up going to this shady karaoke pub in Union Square called Sha Sha. Thankfully we had two cars available(Led & Stacy) to ship us all there. Had a great time, took lotsa pix, lotsa beer(cheap!), and learnt how to play Bluff on dice! Haha. By the time we left the place it was already 12 midnight. The rest still had to work the next day.

Sobz. Farewell my lovely colleagues!

In a drunken stupor, I came home to pen the inspirational email below to everyone(even the ops people) in the branch. Now that I'm reading it again in my normal state, I think its super cheesy! Hahaha.
_____________________________________________________________

Dear UOB Tanjong Pagar,

As most of you are aware, today is officially my last day.

It brings me great sadness to be leaving such a loving and caring family.
Honestly, I have NEVER ever felt closer to a bunch of colleagues as I have
with each and every one of you, and the fact that I have to leave for
perhaps greener pastures brings me great regret of the things I will be
missing out in the days ahead.

I honestly do not know if corporate life will ever be the same again or as
good in my new job, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank each
and every one of you for bringing a special little something in my life
during this period that I have been with you. Certainly without each of you,

I would never have enjoyed my stay in UOB Tanjong Pagar so much.

I must impress upon each and every one of you that what we all share in UOB
Tanjong Pagar is a very special bond, a very special comraderie that helps
keep everyone moving along, enjoying the role that he or she plays for the
branch. We have had alot of ups and downs, stress and pressures, but at the
end of the day no one can deny the fact that when we strive together, we can

be the best small cluster(we've achieved that) or even the best
branch(hopefully someday) in the whole Singapore.

I vividly remember the time when I first came in, the grapevine about
Tanjong Pagar was that the branch was like a dead end especially in the
sales point of view. However, things changed. We all worked together and we
brought out the best in each other to achieve what we are today - a branch
that other people are envious of. And that is something we should all
cherish and appreciate, for it would all be lost easily if we started to
give in.

I trust that the culture of this loving family will continue to live on long
after my departure, especially under the guidance of our workaholic bm,
Robert, and that success for the branch will continue in the distant future.

Furthermore, I wish everyone of you health, wealth and the same happiness in
your lives as this branch has brought unto me. I am easily contacted through email and handphone, so do remember to pull me along(bo jio!) for any branch functions, and I look forward to seeing you guys in Bintan very soon.

To end this farewell email on a good note, I would like to dedicate my favourite song, You've Got A Friend, to each and everyone of you. Go take a listen, the song tells everyone of you how I feel about you. I wish all of you the best in your future endeavours be it in UOB or not, and may we remain friends forever.

Lots of love,

Chee Yong
97905402
cylum@hotmail.com

Listen to it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aVZNXtJs7c8

When youre down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know whereever I am
Ill come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Youve got a friend.

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
Ill come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, aint it good to know that youve got a friend?
People can be so cold.
Theyll hurt you and desert you.
Well theyll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but dont you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
Ill come running to see you again.
Oh babe, dont you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all youve got to do is call.
Lord, Ill be there, yes I will.
Youve got a friend.
Youve got a friend.
Aint it good to know youve got a friend.
Aint it good to know youve got a friend.
Youve got a friend

_____________________________________________________________________

See? So cheesy right? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment