Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014, Goodbye 2013!

Wow wow wow! How fast 2013 has actually gone by.

It's been a pretty good year for me and hopefully 2014 will be even better!

Here's last year's review.

Here this year's review of 2013 resolutions:

1) Trade Less PASS
You know if you looked at my first half of the year activity, it sure looked like this was not going end well. However, I think I had a change in mindset somewhere along the way and this was actually achieved with relative ease, so much so that we can look forward to even less trading activity in 2014! The purpose of this resolution was to ensure that I lost less money trading speculatively, so I'm really glad this was actually well fulfilled.

2) Exercise More PASS
Hmm, I would say this was a borderline pass. I have several exercise options even though the kids keep me and the wifey uber busy. There is the gym membership, and then there are the football games on Mondays and Saturdays. Hopefully this can continue even though it wasn't as intense during the first half of the year (what was I up to?!).

3) Spend More Time With Friends FAIL
Ok this one I must say I failed miserably. My social circle is shrinking by the day and if I don't do something about it, my only friends will soon be my immediately family only. I can't even find kaki to go out to cheong anymore these days.

4) Spend More Time With Family PASS
This one was achieved with relative ease. Families like mine without helpers/maids have a greater reliance on the immediate family for sharing of childcare workload. From looking after the kids for a day to picking them up from school, they are just so important for me and the wifey. Sometimes there is not enough ways to express our gratitude for all the help rendered. At times like these, it does show that love is truly unconditional, lasting generations and generations.

5) Save More Money PASS
This was also achieved in large part from efforts that begun in the second half of the year. This is what it will take to make me a next door millionaire in time to come, hopefully. Will have to aggressively keep this up.

Four out of five is really good! Hopefully I will keep this trend up for years to come.

Ok, time to think about my resolutions in 2014!

Meanwhile, here's a look back at the Hello/Goodbyes of years gone:
Hello 2013, Goodbye 2012
Hello 2012, Good Riddance 2011!
Hello 2011, Goodbye 2010!
Farewell 2009, And Good Riddance!
A Look Back At Resolutions 2008
A Look Back At Resolutions For 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment