Sunday, June 14, 2009

Texas At Horizon

2nd weekend in a row we played at Horizon Hills. This was what we were training up for all week. The mini tournament or Texas Scramble. Given that we were given a 26-stroke handicap meant that we hopefully wouldn't come in last even though we were plying with the pros.

Once again the course was seriously beautiful and scenic. I tried to take a picture of every hole until I slowly forgot about it haha. And we played pretty ok. Definitely better than our showing during the Ambassador's Cup. Ben bought himself a whole new set of clubs (to show how serious he was). Think I'll go invest in a few new ones myself.

We ended up with a raw score of 85. 5 better than our previous competitive Texas game. After handicap we actually came in 3rd! Which was pretty respectatble given the competition and the course.

Highlight was the 160m par 3 17th hole! This was the notorious island! With a 5-iron I managed to get it onto the green! For a moment I even thought that I had won the nearest to pin (didn't though).

Bummer was the causeway traffic, which took us almost 3 hours to clear customs, and the rain midway into the bottom 9. Boo those.

Midweek Thursday we played our futsal game against SJII (St Joseph Institution International) FC and lost 2-4. Felt like I played a really good game but the goalkeeper and the goalpost kept me from scoring more than my solitary goal for the team. Bummer man. Knee and ankles feeling ok though. Hopefully getting better.

Gotta take IPPT soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment