Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Teams I Support At This World Cup

In the following order, I am rooting for the following teams:

England
Japan
South Korea
Australia

Make no mistake, I don't think any of the teams will win the World Cup. Argentina's my winning choice.

England is because I follow the EPL so fanatically. So I know almost every player on the team. Also Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck are representing United on the team.

Japan is because they've got Shinji Kagawa. Also partly Asian pride.

South Korea is because of my soft spot for Park Ji Sung, our Man United three-lung Park. And Asian pride as well.

Australia is because I generally like the country (being so familiar with it). It's got Tim Cahill, one of my favourite EPL (now with NY Red Bulls) players. And it's the country closest to Singapore that's playing in the tournament.

Too bad none of the countries are doing well after the first round (and abit of the second) of group games. England lost 1-2 to Italy, Japan lost 1-2 to Ivory Coast, South Korea drew 1-1 with Russia, and Australia lost 1-3 and 2-3 to Chile and Holland respectively.

I'm setting to like Holland because of RVP and our future manager, Louis van Gaal. Hope they go far!

No comments:

Post a Comment