Thursday, June 19, 2014

Jumper

This morning there was a stranger at our level's corridor which I thought strange since it is a rare sight. An old uncle was peering over te ledge. U didn't really read much into it. 

Then, when we came out of the lift at the groundfloor, the first thing we saw was the police cordon tape. Immediately I knew something was up.

As I peered past the walls, I saw a police tent. One of those for covering dead bodies. 

It appears someone jumped from our block.

We saw at least five police cars and quite a few more officers milling around the area.

The police tape covered a pretty large area. I think they don't want people too close to the death scene.

We then avoided that area and waited for the wifey to drive the car to the other side.

In the evening we saw the communal hall being prepared for a funeral.

Sigh.

I wonder how high is the suicide rate in Singapore. It must be quite high given the stressful society we live in.

Feeling very morbid.


No comments:

Post a Comment