Monday, December 26, 2016

Delicious Boneless Chicken Rice

Yes, this is the name of the store!

Tucked away in the basement of Katong Shopping Centre, this stall has been around since the late 90s.

To be honest I cannot remember if I've ever eaten from this stall before even though my secondary school years I almost always walked down that road from the Dunman High back gate, past the now-defunct Fowlie Primary School (I think it is currently Tanjong Katong Primary School), past Katong Shopping Centre.

Probably it was not around back then yet.

Nonetheless I was impressed but he crowd when we chanced upon it on our way to sing Karaoke at Teo Heng. The white chicken is said to be cooked in a fusion between Hainanese and Cantonese, so it is dryer and cleaner with less condiments. Tasted great!

Better yet it gave free soups such as lotus root soup and cabbage soup, much more nutritious than those run-of-the-mill high-MSG soups at foodcourts.

If you see the whole meal for the family of  four with half a chicken, in the photo below, it cost only $28. Super cheap!

What a hidden gem!






No comments:

Post a Comment