Sunday, January 08, 2012

Why Park Ji Sung Should Not Start For United

Manchester United leading 3-0 against Manchester City at half-time as I'm blogging this.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Park Ji Sung. I love his lung-bursting runs, his work rate and skill. In fact, if you asked me who in the current squad I love best, He's probably top two.

Now, here's the problem.

The last two league games we started with him, we lost AND let in 3 goals each.

How'd that happen if he's so good?

Unfortunately, I think his work rate is his own downfall. There is a reason why his nickname is three-lung Park. The guy basically runs the most in every game out of the whole the team. So what happens when you're playing in the same side? You'd expect him to run for the balls you ought to be running for right? And that's exactly what happened, the whole team just went into lazy mode and let Park do all the running.

Sad but true.

His role may be more suited as an impact substitute.

Like Berbatov.

No comments:

Post a Comment