Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions 2010

Been struggling to come up with any resos this new year. I guess they're vaguely the same as those from the years past. But lets see what I can come up with as I type...

1) Persue A Healthier Lifestyle
This one gets lumped together after several years of a combination of passes and failures. Predominantly, I'll be aiming for still lower alcohol intake(its quite low already), and trying to exercise more(preferably at least twice a week. Also will need to watch my diet, even though I think its pretty ok right now. At the bare minimum, I should maintain my current level of health come end of the year.

2) Save More Cash
I've always been a spender more than a saver. And 2009 showed how bad things could be when I spent too much. So this year I aim to save up more of whatever I earn. And keep these funds idle in the bank(instead of trading it all away :P).

3) Earn More From Investments
This was a spectacular failure last year. And given how bad it was, I don't think I can do much worse in 2010. Will focus more on value investing than speculating. More investible funds will go to equities rather than FX. Plus will take a longer term view of all investments.

4) Spend More Effort Keeping In Touch With Old Friends
This one is relatively fresh. Egged on by jibes from the wifey that I've got no friends(funnily enough, I do like to spend time alone quite abit) and some realisation that I'm not growing younger anymore, this will be the year to focus more on rekindling old friendships than forming new ones. Chinese New Year will be a start for organizing gatherings and get-togethers :) So if you're reading this, help support me by making time to turn up if I jio you!

5) Spend More Time At Home
There's always room for improvement in this department. Though things have improved alot already, but I'll probably focus on going back to my mom's more often, spending more time with wifey and making our home an even nicer place to live in(its actually really lovely already!). The latest pix of my home shows just how bare the house is. Maybe its time to get a few little renovations done here and there.

Ok thats my resolutions for 2010. Lets hope I have more passes than failures!

No comments:

Post a Comment