Sunday, January 17, 2010

Southlinks

Had the company Texas Scramble at Southlinks in Batam yesterday.

For starters, I must make it a point to have more sleep before such a game in future. Friday night was with the wifey at Kbox till like 1+am, sleeping around 2am. Then woke up at 6am to drive down to Harbourfront. Extremely tiring.

Southlinks has always been one of the best courses in Batam/Bintan, and it was great to receive such good service again (albeit having to pay more) after last Monday's Austin Hills in Johor. The fairways are so much better maintained, and the greens are far faster and nicer.

We ended up shooting a 13 over 85. After factoring handicap, our score was 7 under 65, whch was just 4 strokes away from the winners. I didn't have the best of games but I was responsible for the only wild cheer of the team in the 13th hole when I sank a 15ft putt from the edge of the green to save par. Excellent stuff indeed.

Still need more practice though. I think my problem is consistency.
___________________________________________________________

Ever had a pleasant surprise, so pleasant that it is beyond your wildest imagination? It feels crazily good I tell ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment