Monday, October 30, 2006

Miss Little Sunshine

Just got word that two friends got into a serious car accident. In Malaysia. One's back already while the other's still in ICU in a hospital in Petaling Jaya. Still too unstable to ship him back to Singapore yet. Just hope that he will get well soon and we'll all visit him when he's back.

Apparently they were with another friend walking by the side of the road when a car lost control and rammed into them from behind. The 1st guy was instantly killed while one of my friends was flung into a drain and the other onto a grass patch. The one who got flung into the drain was almost swept away, luckily he got pulled out and is now in ICU.

Sometimes things like this makes you realise how fragile life really is. While I do wonder if my insurance coverage is adequate, the more important note is that these things can happen anytime and anywhere. Will we be prepared for it when it happens? What will the people around us do? How will they react? Am I prepared for all this?

I wanted to blog about watching Little Miss Sunshine, but I've got no mood for that anymore. It's a good show though, very heartwarming, so catch it if you can.

I wish you a quick recovery, Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment