Sunday, March 05, 2017

Wait To Rush, Rush To Wait - Travel Version

04/03/17 3:08PM

Wait To Rush, Rush To Wait - Travel Version

We're stuck in the Chiang Mai International Airport. Our flight's been delayed by 40mins. Then we fly to Bangkok to transit, and have to wait another 3hrs. A flight journey over a short distance of less than 1,000km starting at 1pm ends at 11pm.

What a waste of 10hrs of my life.


In this time I am trying to conserve the battery in my phone so I am writing this post offline. Hopefully I remember to post this online when I get back.

The trip has been successful by 2nd tier city standards. That aside, I haven't done any sightseeing or anything. There is never time for these things when travelling on business.

The only outlet of leisure we got was late at night.

The first night we went to the new Hard Rock Cafe Chiang Mai for dinner. It was just beside our hotel. It was like any other regular Hard Rock joint. Nothing much to crow about although it was nice to be able to enjoy the live band belting rock songs.

The second night as always, we attempt to go for a party at some hip club. Problem was that we ended around 10pm. The first and supposedly hippest club in Chiang Mai is called Warm Up Cafe. It was jam packed with young partygoers, more locals and a lot are super young, probably haven't joined the workforce type. So much so that I felt quite old. Absolutely packed.

We had one beer and left for the next hippest joint called Good View Restaurant. You really cannot get more creative than that. It was a club cum restaurant right by the river. It was also packed and all we could get was a tiny spot at the bar counter. It was here that we spent the rest of the nice, dancing to Thai rock music and trying to have as many beers before the club closed at 1am.

And that was my Chiang Mai experience.

Perhaps one day I will come here for leisure with the family instead of for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment