Friday, July 22, 2016

Happy Birthday To Me

Another year older, none really the wiser.

The concept of time is moving a lot faster these days. Maybe the schedules are so busy, the routines of family time so fixed, that we lose track of it. Heck, it seemed so recent that I was last at the W Hotel (last September), but here I am again.

It has come at a time to be sober too. For personal reasons.

I'm now in the 'late 30s' category, moving on from 'mid-30s'. It feels rather sad when thinking about how quickly I've gotten to this age. I get very nostalgic and tend to reminisce a lot more. Yet I am apprehensively satisfied with how I've lived my life thus far and how things' expectations turned out. 

Sure I could've been a lot richer if I didn't gamble so much, but I should not be complaining. Failure has, after all, proved time and again that it is one of the best educators of life. I have learned some.

I am more pensive now. I also forward-think a lot. It makes me find that people who don't do so seem far more immature. Which explains my shrinking social circle.

And yet in this supposed gradual loneliness, I find myself enjoying this solitude very much. There is so much to savour. 

In my current state, I know that at some point in old age, I will lose plenty of myself. My knees and ankles will give way, liver might be a problem, heart might become problem, and worst of all, my memory will likely start failing me at a certain stage in my later years.

So it is important to take good care of myself while I can.

All I can wish for is many more years of happiness, good health, and prosperity.


#forever21 #thanksforthecakewhotel

No comments:

Post a Comment