Saturday, August 10, 2013

A New Season, A New Hope

With last night's friendly loss to Sevilla, Manchester United have gone 2-2-3. No, that's not our latest formation, but our W-D-L stats. 

Can't feel very optimistic about the coming season with a Charity Shield game against Wigan this Sunday and ten away to Swansea next week. Plus Liverpool and Chelsea shortly to come.

Much as I want to give David Moyes as much support as I can, I have to manage my own expectations for the coming season. 

I guess a place in the top 4 is a good enough expectation right now. No new marquee signings and a first eleven still haven't have played enough spells of poor preparedness.

Really miss the Sir Alex Ferguson days already!

On the bright side, we have got exciting youngsters to look forward to. From Zaha, Lingard and Januzaj, we might be in for a treat from them this season.

Of course I hope we win a trophy and most importantly, defend our EPL crown. But we have to be realistic.

Let the 13/14 season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment