Saturday, August 11, 2012

To My Dear Friend, Mary Ann

We met when I was doing my Y tour in CCO in Colorado, USA. Along with her husband, Andrew, they were one of the loveliest and most caring couples I've ever known. Not just for themselves but for all the people around them. Truly living the virtues of counselors.

Earlier this month, they lost their 5-yr old son Riley, after a year-long battle with a brain tumour. Upon reading her post of his passing, tears welled up in my eyes. No parent should ever have to endure seeing their child leave the world before them, and even though I know they are trying their best to stay strong, I cannot help but feel sadness and hurt for them.


May the family of Mary Ann, Andrew and Micah stay strong and take good care of themselves. To live out the rest of their lives as best as they can. I'm sure that's what little Riley Degginger would expect.

You can read the journal of Riley's journey here.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment