Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Peek Into The Future

There I was happily eating my own KFC happy meal - happy meant it included fries with cheese - when a family of four sat at the table beside me.

Both parents were PMETs probably in their early 40s while their kids were in secondary school.

All they talked about was school and some upcoming holiday I think the family were going off to.

It looked routine and they didn't look particularly happy. Just another day in office/school I guess.

Then a thought struck me.

That could be me in 10 years time.

Wow.

Think I better try and earn and save as much money as possible while I can.

Sadly, this society that I live in is quite unforgiving if you are poor or of a lower-income bracket.

And if you were in the middle-class as this family looked like, things might not turn out that much better. Especially if you're stuck in the rat race.

But I guess at least they were all together, which is what matters the most.

其实平凡也是一种幸福?

*shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment