Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Jealousy Of Victory

I'm beginning to feel like last night's match has made me a bigger Manchester United fan than ever before.

Maybe it was the jealousy of not being able to celebrate an amazing victory.

Maybe it was the amazing standards Barcelona played that left me amazed that another team was capable of tearing us apart so comprehensively.

Maybe it was the romantics of all things Barcelona, the autocratic state of Catalunya et al.

Maybe it was the fact that there really was nothing and no one to blame for this loss. No variable permutation of our players or formation would have changed much of anything.

I'm proud as ever of what we have achieved this season. Still beyond my wildest dreams early in the season.

Six games in at the start of the season, if anyone had mentioned we'd make it to the semi-finals of the FA Cup, finals of the Champions League, and most significantly, league title number 19 in the bag, I might have refused to believe them one bit.

Sometimes, all we need is a little more belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment