Saturday, April 09, 2011

Zouk The Institution

Was at Winebar last Wednesday.

We were trying to relive our youth for a bit.

Back when I was much younger, I would go to Zouk on Mambo nights (Wednesdays) to party to retro hits. We were on a tight budget then, so we had to get high either drinking beer from the coffeeshop opposite or the dabao some alcohol before we went over.

Then there was the Phuture phase though I never hung around there for too long. The music there never really suited me. Only the chicks did.

Then came Velvet when I grew older. Such an atas place. Somehow couldn't grow to like that either until a most recently foray into its latest creation, Sour Plum Vodka. Yummy.

Winebar came along finally as a place to chill out after all those years. We'd sit around and buy rounds of drinks till we got drunk. Even now there is still Citibank's 1-for-1.

And then I finally announced that I was too old to go to Zouk anymore.

I guess some things hardly change, they have stuck to that winning formula all these years and the whole place was still crowded as hell. On a Wednesday night.

What an institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment