Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ris Low Begone!

Was at MediaCorp's AMK office recently to collect my Speedo watch for my winning letter to 8days(finally!).

Who would have thought that I would stumble on a filming crew right at the reception. They were filming a new English series called Silver Linings. Then I noticed the crew kept refering to this tall (and ugly) girl as Ris and then I realised who that was. Dammit, the more you hate them the more your paths will cross - Murphy's Law. And by golly was she irritating or what. For starters she cannot act for shite, more on that later. And she was speaking in her usual irritating I-cannot-speak-properly-but-people-love-me-right type of lynch-deserving voice. Buay tahan.

The bad acting was so bad, that I didn't even need to tell you it was bad. The scene seemed like a cameo scene for her and all she had to do was stop an old lady walking past the reception of the office. 9 takes. That's how long I was there for and still when I left they were still doing the same scene. After each take, the director kept faulting Ris (she can't act - which is why her stupdity is not an act, its real!)and telling her how to improve. Even the old lady actress looked forlorn that this show is gonna bomb with Ris in it haha.

I have a 99.9% confidence level that I will not be waiting for this series to air.

Ok enough ranting. The whole comedy (I dunno if that series is a comedy but it didn't look like it) really eased my 20min wait for a silly Speedo watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment