Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome, Year Of The Ox!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

While I await to go for another sumptuous dinner, might as well blog abit.

Somehow the CNY spirit isn't that enthusiastic. Probably largely due to the economic conditions we're facing. And everywhere you read the papers are harping that the Year of the Ox will be a grim one. Even Barry Lee says we must all appreciate what we what right now. Hopefully we'll ride out this recession soon and everyone's situation will get better.

There's alot of lousy crappy news from all over the place of retrenchments, layoffs and dire work situations. Makes me wonder how safe my job is too. And the word on the street is that after CNY, alot of the bad shit will hit the fan in many industries. Sigh. Tough.

So this year, it is probably time to REALLY cut down on the alcohol, save as much money as I can, be a better person in general (do more good things). Easier said than done, but I'll keep this in mind and hopefully things will work out good for me.

I've started off by making a SGD 100 donation to the Salvation Army today! Whee!

Maybe it's time to take up a new hobby. I am right now thinking along the lines of ... COOKING! Haha...

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment