Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rainy Days Bring Rainy Thoughts

Another rainy weekend.

Its been raining for too much and too long now. Even my regular basketball plans are ruined. Haven't got much planned for today. Probably going back to office awhile before meeting the girlfriend to repair her hard-disk (which I dropped while helping her move her stuff) at Sim Lim and then maybe meet her gal friends to go hang out at a pub tonight.

This week's been just like the rain - damp. Nothing really exciting to crow about neither is there anything lousy that really happened. The rain was probably the highlight of the week.

Last night we were in this Brazilian meat-eaters restaurant along Sixth Avenue for a company dinner. I think it came down to approx. $70 per pax, and I didn't think the food was absolutely fantastic. But the atmosphere was good since I had my gum colleagues around me. We hung out till quite late and then as our boss - a large ang moh in his 50s, mind you - said that the night was still young, we adjorned to this place in Clarke Quay called The Clinic. It was fun but in line with the "I'm getting old" theme, I would've rather just have been sipping teh tarik at some kopitiam.

The only other significant thing I did was on Monday when I went to Dragonfly @ St James Powerhouse with Ah Huat, Led and the Tanjong Pagar gang. It was Robert's farewell - he had been abruptly transfered to Bendemeer branch - and we met up to have a good chat. Still feels great that he thinks so highly of me. Maybe because I still owe him a dinner at Equinox for losing our personal bet.

Dragonfly was really nice. I liked the cheap beer ($30 for a bucket of Heineken during Happy hour), the free entry (before 9pm, weekdays) and the great live performances. Quite nice, the crowd was much older and mature (which I somehow liked) and it was fun to see cliques of 40-yr old aunties living it up and gyrating on the dancefloor like in mambo (though for shorter stints, longer skirts and more cloth *cringe*). All in all was a good night because we got to hear of Simon's troubles (just weeks before his wedding?!) and all the gossip I've missed out.

In other more obscure news, I managed to make contact with two really good old friends last week. One was Brandie, who found me on hotmail and we've been chatting online eversince. She was my best friend during summer camp'04 in Camp Chief Ouray and I even visited her in Pittsburgh for a couple of days (thrashed her mom as Scrabble) before I flew back to Singapore.

The other was Mervyn Teo, my JC2 classmate with the whacky hair and even whackier brains. This rebel artist of sorts has finally made it ok in the US of A. Works for CNN and bought himself a bachelor's pad in Atlanta, this guy is finally realising his dreams of becoming *cringe* an artist/photographer/dancer/akido/martial art/musician! Or so he claims. Still, it was nice connecting with them again after all these years.

Thats about it for now.

You can almost feel like its drizzling out there right now, cant you?

No comments:

Post a Comment