Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Can I visit the Shire please?

At last, the fight is over. After a rigorous 4-round interview process, I've finally been accepted. It wasn't easy, but I sure hope its worth it. Will be tendering my resignation this coming Saturday and moving on to a better place.

The contract is so European, comes with clauses like:

If the EMPLOYEE believes that he/she has been discriminated against or suffered harassment, bullying or vicitimisation he/she should follow the Grievance Procedure which is available on request from the COMPANY’s administrative staff.

Right.

They must be getting sued left right and centre from all this silly-dillys. Must watch my back(side) next time I drop stationary on the floor.

Hope it works out well. This is, afterall my 3rd job in as many years so sooner or later I'll need to settle down somewhere, and that somewhere might well be here.

Just right here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reservist has been really fun and relaxing. There's nothing better than a good high-key, non-cheong-suah, aircon-environment reservist to brighten up that few weeks of the year that you don't have to run for your numbers.

And I've made a great bunch of friends here. Just a week and a half and suddenly its as though we've known each other for a coupla years. Add to that the fact that assuming none of us defer we'd be stuck with each other for the rest of our NS cycle, I'm really in for a swell time! Whoo!

If all goes well, next year we might even get to go to New Zealand together! So cool! I imagine we'd be going in the winter and we'll probably be shuffling around in thick jackets and woolen pants, threading in ankle-deep snow. As we talk we will be able to see our breaths. So cool!! And cold. Haha.

And if we're REALLY lucky we will be trekking the mountains of New Zealand a la Lord of the Rings lidat(cue Breaking of the Fellowship orchestral piece).

Can I visit the Shire please?

No comments:

Post a Comment