Monday, May 08, 2006

Defu Lane 10

Just back from Tsen Yeow's farewell gathering. He's going to Shanghai to work for quite awhile. All the best bro!

The gathering was great. Considering I haven't seen the guys for quite some time liaoz so it was great bonding with them again. We went to this open-air restaurant at Defu Lane 10 on Defu Ave 1(I really can't remember the name of the place but I swear I'm going back there again soon). There were 14 of us...lets see...

Tsen Yeow
Joe
Hongwei
Corrinne
John
Xiuwen
Steven
Weixiong
Jeremiah
Jackson
Anson
Ah Aow
Ben Tan

Yeah. 14 of us in all. Great fun. Great food. I took a couple of pictures with my handphone but am too lazy to upload the pix. We had this funny yam dish that looked like cookies but inside was filled with yam, scallop and egg-yolk. Weird. But delicious. The rest of the food was pretty commendable but the main stunner was the crab. I don't think I've eaten that much crab before(since I'm allergic). I dunno how to describe but it was just damn good lah. Must ask Jackson what's the name of the way they're cooked. One was chilli and another was butter crab I think, but definitely different from the ones I've eaten.

My goodness the food there was fantastic.

Considering that we booked the place at 7.30pm but only got seated around 8pm and we had to wait damn long for the food to come(like at 8.45pm), it was well worth the wait. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this place before but its location is seriously damn ulu papaya(lucky we had cars) but its at Defu Lane 10, once you're there you simply can't miss it(okay maybe you might if you're blind). It was teeming with families, damn crowded and damn hot. But it was worth it. Luckily we had so many people so alot of catching up to do which kinda distracted us from the long wait. We just sat around talking cock, singing song and if there had been a piano we'd have played it.

Was a good bonding session for everyone I think, over pretty good food so I think this was a really good gathering for us Hall 8 oldies.

Oh, and Tsen Yeow's flying wednesday if any of you wanna say goodbye to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment