Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Correction, It Is Time

If you don't know by now, the world's stock markets are in the middle of a correction phase. I'm doing OK, but I won't comment too much till its all over. You never know when the markets can turn around and bite you in the ass when you're not looking.

Considering that this is the last thing people in my line of work needs, I gotta say I'm pretty satisfied with the advisory work I've done thus far. At least no one's commit suicide yet, my regular aunties arn't complaining, and people arn't panicking yet haha. Its good to have such corrections once in a while to keep your feet rooted and your ethics firmly intact, that I gotta say.

My own investments have been holding up pretty well, maybe except for my punt into Gold and Silver, but even still I am bullish on commodities in the long term.

My personal opinion of the stock markets in the coming months? Its gonna be alot of sideways trading and we'll not see the high that STI hit anymore this year. There could be a slow bear creeping in, lower highs and lower lows kinda stuff. The World Cup will put a damper to anyone trying to do stock trading, and markets will be quiet through June/July what with WC06 and the European summer holidays.

Hopefully the contrarians are spot-on.

Watched The Da Vinci Code last night. Quite good. Now I've gotta read the book all over again. There's alot of details thats been missed out but I thought the show was good enough lah.

Watched Over The Hedge during the weekend. Now this one is a little tricky. All the funniest scenes are already in the trailer, its too darn predictable, and its too short(like all cartoons). Yet the cuteness of the characters kinda make up for all of that, period. If you do intend to watch it, just don't expect it to be very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment