Sunday, December 11, 2005

Serendipity

I think I used this title for a blog entry once. I suppose its appropriate for this current entry too.

Without it I wouldn't imagine any other way that I could possibly catch up with my good friends from way back when.

Without it I wouldn't feel the impetus to blog immediately upon arrival home.

I am blessed.

So there I was after my tiring(and somewhat fruitless, but warranting another story) roadshow, had met up with June for a brief chat and get the Border's postcard from her, I was hungry and alone.

Was walking around deciding what I should eat and really couldn't decide. Then I came across this Jap outlet called Pepper Lunch which looked like the least crowded of all shops in Orchard Road. I figure if an outlet has a name with 'Lunch' in it, no one would have it for dinner.

If anyone's eaten at either the Taka or Shaw outlets, you'd realise that you have to order your food first and then go find your seat. So I ordered my pepper beef rice(extremely salty) and headed to my allocated seat, which was a counter seat since I was terrbly alone.

And lo and behold who was there seating beside my allocated seat? It was Steven and Amy! Waaaah. Super surprised. They also just ordered their food and they were seating right beside me! If its not pure coincidence and chance then I know not what to say.

*Nothing to say*

Then we chatted lor. In Amy's words, both Steven and my maturity level suddenly dropped back to 10yr old kids level. We are, afterall, a very potent combination. Steven going to be a pilot(really really!), Amy still teaching.

I learnt from them that the movie Pride and Prejudice is good, and Aeon Flux is fuck shite. Then again they thought Chicken Little was good. Brrrr....

I also learnt that when you want your friends to stop teasing you just start selling them investments or insurance. Insurance especially works wonders.

I also learnt that friends who have seen you gamble in Genting will never, ever, buy investments from you.

I also learnt that everyone has barely any time to catch up with one another anymore. Work is ever consuming. So both of them are damn lucky they are so free for each other now. Eh?

It's wonderful to have such moments when you least expect it. Chancing upon a couple of good friends and catching up with the old days albeit over oily food and drinks.

We are a lucky bunch blessed with the grace of serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment