Sunday, December 11, 2022

Osaka, Japan 2022

 Just back from Osaka, Japan.

It’s been a week now and I’m still mentally over there :(

Pictures will be posted at some point, but first here’s the itinerary.

It was the first time I’d travelled with my kids alone (the wifey simultaneously had her siesta’s trip), and it was every bit as awesome as I imagined it to be. We travelled entirely free and easy, and took public transport (train and bus) throughout the trip.

Really hope I could do this again maybe even annually.

There’s something magical with being alone overseas with the kids. Maybe it is just spending so much quality time with them and being able to communicate with them alone, with my own influences.

Here’s what we did.

Day 1 - Arrived at Kansai Airport at 9pm, reached hotel in Honmachi at 12am

Day 2 - Osaka city tour (Umeda Sky Building, Dotonburi)

Day 3 - Osaka city tour (Osaka Castle, Tannoji Zoo)

Day 4 - Universal Studios Japan

Day 5 - Kyoto city tour (Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Fushimi Inari Shrine) 

Day 6 - Nara (Nara Deer Park)

Day 7 - Mt Rokko Snow Park, Kobe

Day 8 - Departure from Kansai Airport at 11am

What an amazing trip with the kids! I really love Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment