Thursday, January 06, 2022

Resolutions 2022

 Been trying to think of my resolutions for this year.

Just the other day discussing this with the wifey and I said that she should map out at least five potential ambitious milestones she should aim for. 

Cycling to LP1 would by quite the milestone. 

That said, these are resolutions. So I've been trying to think of five that could stick for the rest of this year.

Unlike 2020 when we were all adjusting to the pandemic, 2021 was more of living with the pandemic, appreciating life in a pandemic and making the best of it. I really felt like it was one of the smoothest years for me last year, even if I only achieved 2/5 of my resolutions.

So this year I shall try once more.

Anyway, here's a review of how I performed last year.

Again in no specific order or priority.

1) Exercise Three Times A Week On Average

Once more, this is quite the challenge, but I managed to achieve it last year with so much WFH opportunities. I definitely need this to live a healthier lifestyle as I grow older. Generally speaking, I should try to exercise as much as possible and right now my not-so-favourite but-no-choice sports are jogging and cycling. Let's hope I continue to achieve this goal.

2) Earn More Than $50K In My Saxo Account

Not only did I NOT achieve a lower target last year, I actually clocked my worst loss in my account. Yet I feel quite optimistic about my chances this year and my own investing discipline. So I'd like to put this out here and aim to achieve it. Fingers crossed! 

3) Achieve A Milestone That I Have Not Done/Experienced Before

In light of my missed Germany trip, and an overall 'boring' 2021, this year I hope to do or achieved something I have not done before (in the positive sense of course!). It could be travelling to some place I've never been, or pushing myself to a physical or mental limit I never thought possible. There are some opportunities for this in 2022 so hopefully I'll have one item checked by the time I look back on how this year panned out.

4) Eat Healthier Than Before

Managed to aggressively cut down on sugars and red meat in 2021. I'm probably able to do even better. Perhaps I could do with more fruit consumption? Probably a great variety of greens? Maybe have a more balanced diet? Maybe less carbohydrate intake? Again, something that is quite possible even in the face of a more normalized WFO schedule.

5) Make One Big Purchase That Improves My Life

Couldn't really think of a fifth resolution that was very tangible, so decided on this one. Something that improves the quality of my own life or the lives of my loved ones. Let's see how this pans out.

_______________

And there you have it! Resolutions 2022! Hopefully I can score well this year.

HUAT AH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment