Thursday, June 24, 2021

Achilles Tendinitis

 GREAT.

As if I don't have enough health issues in my life already.

This hits me all of a sudden one morning having woken up from my bed. 

I feel this sharp pain running through the back of my heel, along the Achilles tendon area. 

Read up online about it, and it fit this description perfectly.

It's called Achilles Tendinitis.

Had to give it the RICE treatment, but a few friends advised me to go on the METH treatment. Basically very similar except RICE uses icing the wound as the main reliever while METH uses heat packs as the main reliever. 

I do feel both have its right situations to use them. RICE for immediately after injury, and METH for medium term nursing back to full recovery.

This likely came about because I always never did any warm-up nor cool-down exercises before my long runs. It is time to change this bad habit.

Thankfully this went away after about three-odd days.

Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me further.





No comments:

Post a Comment