Sunday, April 29, 2018

Fatherhood Reflections XLVII - DSA?

Haha I'm kidding.

I'm not THAT kiasu.

DSA is Direct Schools Admission, and usually associated with a sport that helps a child get through to a good secondary school without the need to fulfill the high academic requirements.

Today I played an hour of table-tennis with the boy.

I'm not too bad at table-tennis myself, considering I have a brother who was a teenage star player and a father who was a badminton winner.

I really hope he enjoyed it as much as I did coaching him. Basically he just needs to work on his hand-eye coordination much like I had the same problems with when I was his age. We practiced serving the ball straight, and hitting against the wall. It is really helpful that we have the table-tennis facilities in our condo, so it is very conducive to continue this training for him.

Who knows it might really catch on to turn into something bigger for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment