Monday, January 01, 2018

Hello 2018, Goodbye 2017!

What a year 2017 has been!

And how fast it has gone by!

Generally 2017 has gone by really well. There have been so many memorable events that happened over the course of the year:

- Went to Metallica concert
- Went to Guns N Roses concert
- Went to Coldplay concert
- Sydney family trip which was our best trip ever!
- Saxo Bank 25th Anniversary in Copenhagen
- Bought a new home
- Completed a half marathon
- Won the Saxo Atlas Award

Really, it has been one great year for me, and I can only hope that 2018 will be as good or even better.

Anyway as with tradition, here was last year's review.

And here were my 2017 resolutions.

So here're my resolution reviews after the year's gone:

1) Have 6 Month's Pay In Cold, Hard Cash FAILED
This has been another year of failure, although not for wont of trying. The new home basically sucked every single drop of cash and CPF I have currently have. So though it failed, it might not have been a bad thing.

2) Achieve >20% Return On Key Investment Account FAILED
What Key Investment Account? POEMS? StanChart? Saxo? IG? All failed miserably, with none producing any return remotely close to a positive return. I have to say that financially, 2017 has been nothing short of draining. Hopefully this aspect of things will improve come 2018.

3) Exercise Three Time A Week PASSED
For what it is worth, I have achieved this, specifically in the second half of the year when I began long distance running more seriously. I may not have slimmed down as much as I wanted, but the regular exercise is now becoming a good habit.

4) Score At Least One Big Positive Life Achievement PASSED
This was easy. Just see what I achieved above. Watching GNR, was super significant. The experience, the level of fandom in me, and the fact they are getting too old to tour, makes it ultra special. Coldplay was also such a dream come true. The rush to get the tickets, having given up on attaining them initially and being able to share the experience with the kids, was such an achievement. Sydney was probably the best family trip insofar for our little family. Well planned, everything went smoothly with so many upside surprises, and the kids enjoying themselves so much, made it so memorable that it may be difficult to top. But ultimately the most positive for me on a personal level came in the final month of December. Completing the half marathon was simply a feat I didn't think was very possible after my ACL surgery. The Saxo Atlas Award also came as a huge surprise though maybe it had to do with me being with the bank for so freaking long.

5) Less Online Games, More Time With Family PASSED
This I will list as a marginal pass, because I still maintain 3 Clash Of Clan accounts and 2 Pokemon GO accounts. Yet I have spent less time on them than before. These are crucial years as the kids go into their schooling years. So I definitely want to be as much a part of it as I can.

And there you have it, 3/5 passes makes 2017 has been a fantastic year for me. All I need to do now is to make more money and 2018 would be even more special for me.

So here's wishing myself and my family great health, wealth and prosperity for 2018!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment