Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Fatherhood Reflections XLIV - Brushing Teeth

Sometimes it's the little things.

The kids haven't really been brushing their teeth, so I went through with them why it was important and why it shouldn't be a shoddy job even when actively brushing.

The girl is more diligent. She has observed how I brush my teeth and she knows how hard I tend to scrub them. She is also more enthusiastic with initiating it every night. Last night I even heard her brushing her tongue just so that she would slightly vomit gag (not sure if that is a good thing!) like I always do.

The boy is slightly lazier but he still brushes with more enthusiasm now. He also brushes harder and likes to follow the way I use my left hand to gather water to rinse my mouth. Hopefully he'll keep this up.

Such simple things make me happy to observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment