Wednesday, October 12, 2016

328 Katong Laksa - 2016 Review

I can't even remember the last time I ate here. I've always thought the laksa here inferior to my favourite Katong Janggut Laksa, but since it was late already, I decided to give it a shot.

The store has shrunk, which was rather surprising given all the accolades and plaudits it had won before even if it didn't feel deserved. It used to occupied double the space.

Price was super expensive at almost $6 for a small bowl. Added a packet of nasi lemak, otah and drink, and the total bill came up to $10+. Very pricey IMHO.

It didn't taste as good either. Very run of the mill spicy laksa that tasted overly diluted (maybe since it was evening), while they rejected my request to heat up the nasi lemak and otah (even though it's been lying there for dunno how long).

All in all not the most satisfying meal. Suffice to say I won't be visiting any time soon. 

Wonder how they earned all those awards?

No comments:

Post a Comment