Saturday, April 18, 2015

Almost Missed My Flight Home

Life is interesting.

After queuing as usual to check in, I am told that I had no visa to leave the country. This means I could not leave.

Like WTF?!

I had to pay a fine because I am now an overstayer. Per day fine is Rmb500. I had overstayed for 12 days.

So I had to find Rmb6K. My overseas ATM cards, one didn't work as it was blocked, another had a maximum withdrawal limit of Rmb2K.

Like WTF?!

Thankfully one of my staff told me to use the credit card cash withdrawal at te Foreign Exchange store. I used to wonder who would ever use these overcharged services. 

So I went in to customs like giving myself in to the police. They brought me to a waiting area where I had to wait about half an hour.

Then when it was my turn, I had the overstaying charge read out to me, I agreed, signed papers, paid my fine.

Only then was I a free man.

Funny how life is.

I'm thankful that I made it through rather than give up and take the train back to this foreign city.

Just glad I made it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment