Tuesday, September 11, 2007

To Fix A Fan

My computer's fan has been down for several days,
And I can't operate it long before it overheats.
The over-heated indicator blinks from on till off,
I felt it time to get my computer fixed.

I went to a PC store in Siglap centre,
I thought they could fix things right.
But when they told me the cost and wait,
I left the PC store in ghostly fright.

They wanted to charge me eighty friggin' bucks,
"Just for the consultation", he had the cheek to say.
"It would also take two days to fix it up",
By then a bomb I would have had to pay.

So I picked up my toy and left the store,
Not believing the obnoxiousness of that twit.
I then drove straight down to Sim Lim Square,
And found my favourite store to take a look at it.

The guy was closing, shutters down and all,
Nobody would fault him rejecting me.
But when he saw me distressed, running to the store,
He gladly waved me in enthusiastically.

"What's the problem, my friend?",
He asked with voice full of concern.
"My fan's broken", was my reply,
My money was there for him to earn.

"That's easy!", he said with a chuckle,
Screwdriver already digging in,
"I'll fix it up in about five minutes!"
My heart started dancing from within.

Indeed thats all the time he took,
To change that dusty faulty fan.
And how much did it cost you ask?
35 dollars, it was such a bargain!

The moral of my limerick wannabe,
Is not about who's right or wrong.
More about getting things done swiftly and efficiently,
And not having to wait too long.

More about not paying through your nose,
Just for something simple as can be,
And get straight to the heart of the matter,
So that everyone can leave happy.

I guess I'll never go back to that Siglap store again,
To fix any old PC of mine,
Instead I'd rather drive further down to town,
Where I know I'll have peace of mind.

This is where my story ends,
My dear friends please beware,
Stay away from Siglap's PC store,
Or your wallets will be bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment